Directional drilling is one of the best methods of tight access excavation. It is a process in which the digging which takes place is trenchless. This means that it has a minimal impact on the surrounding structures and areas. The drilling takes place with the help of a guidance system which makes it easier to navigate the drill through the tightest of spaces. Therefore it becomes easier to avoid any pips or other underground structure which might be affected because of the drilling session.
There are a variety of jobs which can be done with the help of directional drilling:
- House hold jobs like irrigation of a certain place.
- Laying down a pool. Removing a swimming pool. This can be achieved by breaking the floor of the pool and then placing of filter fabric over the broken concrete. Once that is done, the trench is filled with dirt and then trench plates are placed over the lawn.
- It can also be used to demolish homes, garages, pools or any other structures without impacting the surrounding areas a great deal. Care is taken that no other structure is impacted during the demolition process.
- It can be used for installing drainage system like the French drainage system which comes in handy during landscaping process. On the other hand it can also be used to install storm drainage systems etc.
On the other hand it can be used for commercial purposes as well which include:
- It can be used in excavation for laying down foundations of commercial spaces.
- Installing underground utilities for electrical companies and gas companies.
- Understructure excavation like trench excavation, sewage excavation etc.
Why go for directional drilling?
There are several reasons to choose directional drilling method of excavation. These include:
- Directional drilling is a one-step solution for all household excavation problems. Irrigation and laying down sewer lines can be done without causing any destruction to the surrounding areas.
- Directional drilling is done using a precise system which ensures that no other underground structures like gas lines, sewage pipes or electrical wiring is disturbed in any way.
- Drilling horizontally in the ground can help save a great deal of time. Instead of vertical excavation which can actually take days to be completed, directional drilling is faster and more accurate. This means that less dirt is displaced and it doesn’t need to be replaced immediately.
- It costs less because it require less man power. There is not a great deal of equipment required either. It way more cost effective then open cut drilling.
- It creates a great deal less disruption and isn’t too time consuming either. It can actually help preserve the landscape instead of destroying it completely.
- In areas where obstacles might be an issue, horizontal drilling allows for the excavation to be navigated in a way to cause no damage to those structures.
It requires fewer permit issues because it doesn’t cause a great deal of damage. In both instances like commercial or domestic drilling, horizontal drilling is the first choice.
Can you get tight access excavation done? Definitely! Simply find excavators for hire in your area to do the work for you.