Information On Hay Baling Equipment
Are you a farmer who has a tractor and maybe have decided to own a hay baling equipment? Hay balers come in a range of shapes, colours, and sizes. Choosing the right equipment is a challenge, and therefore, it is important to evaluate your operational activities before making a decision. As such, a careful comparison of specifics and features between balers can help you in making the best choice.
In an agricultural setting, options for square and round bales are appropriate. Though many of such machines operate on similar principles, each is designed for a range of hay products or specific hay varieties.
Below is a step by step guide on how to select the best equipment to suit your needs;
- Identify your Needs: You can start by defining the square footage of silage that has to be baled and then choose on how large your bales ought to be. Generally, self-propelled bales can be typically good in case you are to operate on large scale.
- Understand your Tractor’s Specs: Before you buy the hay bailing equipment, ensure that you are conversant with your tractor’s specifications. Although you may need to consider the weight and its horsepower as important factors, it is appropriate to know the width and other information. Be sure to choose a baler model that your tractor can handle.
- Inspection and Testing: If you are interested in acquiring a self-propelled equipment for your operation, carefully inspect the engine and drivetrain. No matter the hay baling equipment that you are looking for, a close inspection and testing is important to make sure that it operates properly.
- Hay Type: You should consider the type of hay when choosing a baler equipment. Is it capable of handling a dump and heavy crop? It is important to select the one with heavier scrappers and bearings to clear gummy debris from moving parts.
- Customer Service: Availability of customer service is also one of the important things to look at. In case of breakdown, will you have access to service repair and spare parts for replacement?
- Size of the operation: If you are operating on small scale, a rectangular baler presents a better option since it produces smaller bales that are easier to handle. Otherwise, a fully mechanized broad acre system may be suitable for a large scale operation.
Always consider reading various publications on the hay baling equipment to learn more about various manufacturers and models. Information from experienced users and industry experts can help you avoid poorly designed models with notorious issues. Such resources can also provide you with details on features, estimated value, and other valuable information that will guide you in decision making.