Heavy Equipment machinery is a very useful machine in every construction operation. Whether, it is an excavator, bulldozer, pay loader, tractor or crane. They are all a part of every construction activity. Under this heavy metal built, is a section, who has an equally important rule in its operation. The section I am referring to is the undercarriage. It supports the mechanism of the machine, that allow them to move from one place to another.
What is the undercarriage? An undercarriage is designed to improve the machine’s sensitivity towards the challenging surface below. It is designed to fit your needs for unmatched suspension, tension, traction, speed and productivity.
Basic undercarriage parts are:
- Carrier Roller
- Recoil Spring
- Track Shoe assembly
- Track Link assembly
- Track roller and
- Track shoe
There are many brands of various parts of the undercarriage. They are as follows:
- Volvo and other major brands.
In every construction business, machinery takes the bulk of the budget. Thus taking good care of it is necessity, to minimize cost. I would like to share with you some basics in taking care of your undercarriage parts.
- The Underbelly. Routine checking of the under carriage is suggested by experts. It should be done every end of the day. Check all the parts, such as: bearings, bolt,chains, drive motors and etc. Inspect the track for missing rubber, check for loosen bolts and uneven tracks.
- Undercarriage and Tracks. Clean the undercarriage and tracks and remove large objects such as concretes, wood and other hard materials. It will affect the tracks’ performance and contribute to its wear and tear.
- Be sure the person operating the equipment has enough knowledge on how to operate it properly. The operator must be aware of the kind of environmental surface the machine works best or not.
- Check high wear parts often. There parts of the undercarriage that wears easily. It is advise that daily check will be conducted on those parts.
- Greasing of parts. It is good to grease occasionally bushing and some other parts, to push dirt out.
- Tune the Tension.
- Regular maintenance. A machine regularly maintained will last long.
- All operators must be trained properly on the proper use of the equipment.
Again, proper care of all the parts of a machine, will result to longer life and high productivity. This will also result to good return of investment. To be able to achieve the desired productivity, comfortable operation and excellent performance, you just have to take the necessary care.
You may also ask the help of the experts to do the tasks. They knew better and they can easily determine a need for replacement.
Here in New Zealand, there is a need for this kind of machinery. They can be found everywhere, because there are so many distributors in the area. Every big name brands has their presence in this part of the globe.